Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nathan's found a new Friend

So Nathan has found a new friend to keep him company on those long afternoon naps...Mr. Froggy. Nathan likes his new friend because Mr. Froggy is soft and cuddly and easy to talk to. I have caught Nathan telling Mr. Froggy many a long story. Just the other day I woke up to Nathan cooing and laughing at the animals on his mobile. I think I may have a very talkative and creative boy on my hands.

For those of you who don't know, Nathan's been really sick this week. I took him to the Doctor on Monday the 16th and I was told that he has an upper respiratory infection and he was put on a nebulizer with Albutrol breathing treatments every four hours. He stayed home the rest of Monday and all of Tuesday. He went to Daycare on Wednesday and when I got him home he sounded worst, more weezy than before. I called the doctor's office and they told me to continue with the breathing treatments that night and to call first thing in the morning if he wasn't better. So this morning I ended up taking Nathan into the ER because I could hear him weezing across the hallway. He got two more breathing treatments and a steroid shot. They seemed to help for a while, he also had an x-ray and his lungs are clear so they ruled out pneumonia. They also tested him for RSV which was negative. I take him into the doctor again tomorrow for a follow up. Hopefully Nathan will start sounding and feeling better soon! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Suz!
I have been praying for all of you guys. I heard that you were sick, too. I'm glad mom will be able to come and help out. I did call to check on you yesterday. I'm sure things are busy... Michelle says hi and hopes that things are better with little Nathan.
Love you guys,
Christy